FPS Transportation Job Opportunities
Currently accepting Applications for Bus Driver Positions:
Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class B is required by the Arkansas Department of Transportation. If you do not have a CDL Class B license, FPS Transportation Department will assist you in attaining one. This job is a grade 26 (beginning pay is $13.86 per hour), and pay will increase according to experience. Drivers may be credited with up to 10 years verifiable bus driving experience.
Call the FPS Transportation Department at (479) 444-3095 for details.
Get to Know Us
If you want to get to know Fayetteville Public Schools, try substituting in our Transportation Department. Substitutes have the opportunity to work several different routes and learn what FPS Transportation Department is all about.
For more information about substituting in the Transportation Department please contact us.
Bus Driver Requirements
Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class B with Passenger & School Bus Endorsement (you may obtain a Study Manual and pay the fee at any Revenue Office)
Written Exam (4 Part):
- Sections: 1, 2, & 3 General Knowledge
- Section: 4 Passenger Endorsement
- Section: 5 Air Brakes
- School Bus Supplement
- Pre-Trip: Become familiar with the mechanical parts of the bus. (Location and condition of hoses, belts, switches, brakes, suspension, safety equipment, fluids, etc.)
- Skills: Become comfortable operating the bus through a series of skills. (Pulling the bus forward & reversing, turning, backing up, etc.)
- Open Road: Become comfortable operating the bus on local streets & roads.
- The written exam can be taken at the State Police CDL Testing Center in Springdale located at 5084 Har-ber Ave. Tests are given from 8 am - 11 am and 1 pm - 4:30 pm on business days.
- The driving part of the exam can be taken at the Fayetteville Public Schools Transportation Department located at 2325 W. Stone St., Fayetteville, AR. A Trainer will instruct potential applicants in learning the proper skills needed to inspect and drive a bus safely.
*** Bus Drivers must be a minimum of 19 years of age.
*** All employees must pass a DOT physical and drug screen.
Contact the Transportation Department at (479) 444-3095 for more information.