ALLPS APPLICATION: ALLPS Application: https://goo.gl/forms/fCokSBQKApGGfHap1
If you have moved since the school year started, please update your address/phone number with us.
In order for your child to be in compliance with state law, parents must turn in proof of all the required immunizations.
- If your child turned 16 by September 1, 2020, they will need a Meningococcal immunization after they turn 16.
- If your child has an immunization exemption, the Arkansas Department of Health requires you to reapply for exemption each year. Once you receive the letter from the state, you must supply a copy of it as soon as possible to the nurses' office.
If you have any questions, please contact the nurses
Parents, please remember to send some form of water bottle with your child. Our water fountains have been turned off due to the virus, but the bottle fill still works. They can refill a plastic bottle, it doesn't have to be an expensive water bottle. thank you for all you do.
****Temp checks: All students must have a temperature reading beginning 9/14. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 will need to return home****
COVID-19 SELF SCREENING
All students must complete the self-screening questions listed below prior to reporting to school, entering a school building, or attending a school-sponsored function. If the answer is “yes” to any of the questions, do not come to school.
Have you experienced ANY of the currently known symptoms of COVID-19 below in the past 48 hours?
- Have you had a fever of 100.4°F or greater in the last two (2) days?
- Do you have a cough?
- Do you have difficulty breathing?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Have you experienced a new loss of the sensation of taste or smell?
- Have you had close* contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 in the previous 14 days? (Close contact is defined as being within approximately 6 feet of a COVID-19 positive case for greater than 15 minutes; close contact can occur while caring for, living with, visiting, or sharing a healthcare waiting area or room with a COVID-19 case or having direct contact with infectious secretions of a COVID-19 case (e.g., being coughed on).
Fayetteville Public Schools Covid-19 Dashboard: https://datastudio.google.com/...
- FPS COVID-19 Student Screening Form- https://docs.google.com/forms/...
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ALLPS is not accepting visitors at this point in time. Thank you for understanding.
Please do not have food delivered to the students
ALLPS parent letter 2020-21
Click Here: https://docs.google.com/docume...
Please make sure that your child brings their Chromebook to school fully charged every day. The device will get used daily as part of our blended learning instruction. If your child did not receive a Chromebook, please contact Hannah Fleming our Registrar 479-444-1230 or Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org and she will coordinate with you to get a device for your child. Additionally, if your child needs help logging in to their device or accessing their email, please contact your child’s advisor as soon as possible and they can assist you with this.
ALLPS PTSO 2020-2021
The Fayetteville High School Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO) is conducting our annual membership drive and we hope you will become a member. We are a volunteer group that works with parents, staff and students to promote education and create a positive, connected community at ALLPS.
We support 3 main areas at FHS and ALLPS:
- Student Outreach - including Glass Slipper, shoe drive, food and clothing as requested, Project Graduation and others
- Faculty Grants - grants to teachers for current school year projects up to $500
- Faculty Hospitality - including CAP conference, back-to-school and holiday meals and Teacher Appreciation Week, etc.
Please consider becoming a member of PTSO. Dues are only $20/year. Below is the link to join. https: FHSPTSO 20-21 Thank you in advance for your support! Elizabeth Cash & Sara Eichmann Membership co-chairs
Lifetouch School pictures :
Lifetouch will be taking school pictures at ALLPS in the cafeteria for ALL STUDENTS grades 9-12th. No appointment needed for virtual students, just drop in during the times listed below. Seniors who did not get their pictures done for the yearbook may also get a headshot only at this time. The dates and hours are as follows:
Tuesday November 3rd - 8:00 -12:00 pm Wednesday November 4th - 8:00 -12:00 pm With Virtual Students from 10-12AM.
Check the Naviance college visit calendar daily to see which colleges are visiting FHS. Most of the time, the representatives that visit are the same people who are reading student applications. Making contact is super important to demonstrate interest in the college. Determine if you will apply Early Decision (ED). Discuss the ramifications of this decision with your parent and counselor. Remember you can only apply to one ED school. Work on college applications and observe all deadlines. For students attending the U of A - housing contracts open mid-September. Early completion of this phase of the housing contract process will guarantee that students are at the top of the list for choosing a residence hall room (this is Phase I of 4 phases for housing). Students will need to be prepared to submit a deposit of $200 to hold their place in the housing “line”. Look over your transcript and ensure all of your classes and grades are accurate. Did you take classes at a junior high school that counted for high school credit? Are they on your transcript? Make sure your GPA is accurate by using our GPA calculator. Go to Fayetteville High School>Student Resources>GPA Calculation. Notify the counselor if you have any errors that need to be corrected.
The ACT/SAT/PSAT Test Dates
Click here for the ACT dates: https://documentcloud.adobe.co...
CAP & GOWN: Due to COVID, the ordering of graduation supplies will be completed online. Go to www.Balfour.com and select Fayetteville High School to begin your order. More details will be sent out regarding pick-up and delivery information.
- October 1 FAFSA opens - use your 2019 taxes (www.fafsa.ed.gov)
- October 1 Arkansas scholarships open (scholarships.adhe.edu)
- Arkansas Academic Challenge ("Lottery Scholarship")
- 19+ on ACT
- $1,000 first year, $4,000 second and third years and $5,000 fourth year
- Students MUST accept the scholarship through email from ADHE to receive funds. This scholarship is FAFSA dependent - you must file FAFSA to receive funds EACH year.
- Arkansas Future Grant (certificate and Associate Degrees in STEM fields only)
- Covers all tuition and fees
- Arkansas Govenor's Distinguished
- 32+ on ACT, 3.5 GPA
- $10,000 per year for four years
- Students MUST accept the scholarship through email from ADHE to receive funds.
- Arkansas Academic Challenge ("Lottery Scholarship")
- Determine if you will apply Early Decision (ED). Discuss the ramifications of this decision with your parent and counselor. Remember you can only apply to one ED school.
- Work on college applications and observe all deadlines.
- For students attending the U of A - housing contracts open mid-September. Early completion of this phase of the housing contract process will guarantee that students are at the top of the list for choosing a residence hall room (this is Phase I of 4 phases for housing). Students will need to be prepared to submit a deposit of $200 to hold their place in the housing “line”.
- Look over your transcript and ensure all of your classes and grades are accurate. Did you take classes at a junior high school that counted for high school credit? Are they on your transcript? Make sure your GPA is accurate by using our GPA calculator. Go to Fayetteville High School>Student Resources>GPA Calculation. Notify the counselor if you have any errors that need to be corrected.
- The CSS PROFILE is required by many private colleges and universities to determine your eligibility for non-government financial aid, such as the institution's own grants, loans and scholarships. Go to: Cssprofile.collegeboard.org
- Begin checking scholarship opportunities on Naviance
- Plan to visit colleges you are interested in. Make sure to bring back information from the university to have this absence counted as School Business (SB). Forms for college visits are in our office. Please fill out a college visit form BEFORE you leave for a college tour.
Thank you for your patience as we make decisions in the best interest of your child’s educational needs. We realize that the current COVID-19 pandemic is requiring all of us to make sacrifices and modifications and we appreciate your partnership with us as we navigate the waters during this unprecedented time. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s counselor, teacher, or an administrator.
Denise L. Hoy, Ed.D.
ALLPS School of Innovation